Conference Objectives and Themes
Our objectives for this Conference are to:
- strengthen injury control as an integral part of national and international
public health policies and programmes.
- exchange most recent scientific findings and practices in all fields of
injury prevention and safety promotion.
- increase synergy and foster partnerships between professionals working
in all levels of injury prevention and safety promotion.
- encourage outcome orientated research and improve the transfer to evidence
- highlight the current international injury prevention milestones and global
campaigns, specifically in violence prevention, road safety and child safety.
- facilitate the participation of experts from low-income countries through
The conference will include plenary sessions on topics of concern to all
injury prevention/safety promotion professionals (e.g. presentation of
research and good practices from around the world, assessment of the impact
of media on risk awareness, the role of comprehensive safety policies and
The state-of-the-art presentations and parallel sessions will be organized
around the following conference themes:
- Violence Prevention
- Suicide Prevention
- Road Safety
- Work Safety and Health
- Child and Elder Safety
- Safety in the Home and Institutions
- Sports, Leisure Time Safety
- Product Safety
- Trauma Management
- Disaster and Terrorism Preparedness, Civil Protection
- Safe Communities
Participants will have opportunities for direct involvement by oral
presentations, poster displays, video submissions, associated conferences,
working meetings and exhibits. In addition, the Conference is intended to
be a meeting place that will encourage partnerships between the public and
private sectors. Finally, this platform will be an opportunity to heighten
the awareness among decision-makers and the general population concerning
the main issues related to safety in our societies.